mediasoup v3 Design
Unlike other existing SFU implementations, mediasoup is not a standalone server but an unopinionated Node.js module which can be integrated into a larger application:
const mediasoup = require("mediasoup");
Thus internally, mediasoup can be splitted into two separate components:
- a set of C/C++ subprocesses that handle the media layer (ICE, DTLS, RTP and so on).
- ECMAScript low level API.
- Multi-stream: multiple audio/video streams over a single ICE + DTLS transport.
- IPv6 ready.
- ICE / DTLS / RTP / RTCP over UDP and TCP.
- Simulcast and SVC support.
- Congestion control.
- Sender and receiver bandwidth estimation with spatial/temporal layers distribution algorithm.
- Extremely powerful (media worker subprocess coded in C++ on top of libuv).